No-Reg and possible fixes

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ripper
Affiliate
Affiliate

PostSubject: No-Reg and possible fixes    Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:18 pm

After listening to other members complain about no-reg and lag in several clan matches last week, I thought I'd pass along some of the things I've learned about getting rid of these problems. I used to have really bad No-Reg. A M4A1 should not take more than 10 shots (point blank) to kill. So I quit playing CA for 8 months or so last year because I got so fed up with it. FWI-I am on Vista, so if you are on another OS things may be in different locations but you should be able to locate them from the information below. These things may or may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

A couple of programs I use for this are ::

Eraser eraser.heidi.ie/
MyDefrag www.mydefrag.com/
Minimem minimem.kerkia.net/

There are a couple of things you can do to fix No-Reg, however if you are playing against players from AU or Mexico their inherent lag will make them difficult to hit. I use 'lag' to refer to latency. It's easier to type.

1. Look in this folder: C:\Users\(yourusernamehere)\AppData\Local\Temp There will be all kinds of temp files there if you don't delete them often enough. In particular are files with names like this: 9fa4e840585f.tmp There are usually 7-10 of these files. They are created by CA and they contain the HUD graphics, lobby graphics, loading page graphics, and other misc. graphics. I learned this by deleteing them while in-game and watched all my graphics disappear! CA does not delete these files when you exit the game. Over time and particularly when there is a patch there can be conflicts between what is in these files and whatever new stuff Nexon has added. This usually will go away after a few starts (not actual games but starts of the CA program) but not always. In the meantime it will slow down the game. Because of this I now always erase these files after everytime I close the game.
Another file that is created/modifyed by CA is: V3inti2.log I know this is a log file but since CA is using it, it seems to effect the game. Once I started erasing it, I have fewer problems with Vivox in particular.
It goes without saying that everything in the temp directory should get erased before you start the game.

2.We all know that CA has memory leaks. My game used to go over 1.3GB in memory usage and I'd no longer be able to hit anything (I have 4GB of RAM). This didn't effect my FPS. That usually stays pretty constant so it was making it hard to figure out what was going on. Two things that will help limit this are limiting how much cache space Windows uses and using Minimem to constantly clean your RAM. After experimenting with the cache I have found that, for me, a cache of 1024MB seems to be the best size for CA. With this setting CA usually hovers around 800MB instead of 1.3GB. This alone solved about 50% of my No-Reg. I use Minimem before every match (minimize out of CA and click optimize on Minimem) to clean up RAM. This, with the limited cache size, really helps.

3. This is the most important part. If you skip all the other parts, that's fine, but this one is a must. Through trial and error I have learned that everytime CA gets updated (server side) and everytime there is a patch, you need to reinstall Direct X to prevent No-Reg. If you don't the errors build over time and a 3 hit gun can take 15 shots to produce a kill. I don't know how CA screws up your Direct X files, but it does. Do not use the web installer at Micorsofts' website. It will see that you have the most recent Direct X and not reinstall it. Poke around at Microsoft and look for this file: DXSDK_Jun10.exe This is the Software Development Kit and it contains the latest end-user runtime files for Direct X. When you run it you get the option to choose what to install. Simply check off all the files except the end-user runtime files (they are listed first). When you check off the files there should be a red 'X' on them, which means they won't be installed. You can install all of them if you want to but it won't help CA and it'll put a lot of useless (for you) files on your computer. Run the install program and it will reinstall all of Dirext X (and C++ DX files). Doing this one thing may fix almost all of your No-Reg problems. The down side to this is you'll have to reinstall DX every time you start to experience No-Reg, or when there is a patch or when there is 'maintenance' done by Nexon. It's a hassle but it works.

4. Defrag your computer. I suggest MyDefrag because of the way it works. You can read about it on the webpage. It is more effcient and much more organized than pretty much anything I've used before. Plus it's free. I use the 'Optimize Monthly' setting once a month and the 'Optimize Weekly" setting every other week. MyDefrag works so well (along with using Eraser to delete things) your computer tends to stay defragged rather than slowly becoming fragmented. Eraser is a small program that erases files instead of deleting them. They are unrecoverable after being Erased. The neat thing about this is that Windows sees erased file areas as truely blank space rather than files with just their headers stripped off that can be written over. When coupled with MyDefrag, your HDD stay A LOT cleaner and organized. This can help reduce both lag (machine lag) and No-Reg.

5. This may or may not do anything for you. It helped somewhat for me. Google 'Nagle's algorithm' and learn how to disable it. It is part of Windows Networking code and is enabled (at least on some OS) by default. Disabling it should help reduce some lag and have a very small effect on No-Reg.

I reinstall DX about once every other week. It seems to be the biggest problem with CA. I think Vivox uses DX and since it was introduced there have been nothing but problems. I suspect that certain sound cards are not compatable with Vivox and are also causing a lot of problems. Vivox causes my sound card to randomly crash and I wind up playing a match or two with no sound. That sucks but the other side of it is my shots never miss when the sound is down. It's suddenly like I have perfect aim. When the sound comes back on, I have modest No-Reg again. It was unplayable until I did all of the above stuff. I'm not going to search out sound card problems as that would be specific to each sound card, probably Direct X, and Vivox. The way I see that is that's not my problem. Nexon should have tested the software and their game, solved the confilcts and issued a patch. But they will never do that, and all that is more than a little beyond what I can do. So you might have sound confilct issues as well. Just something to keep in mind.

Hope something in this post helps someone!

I got this off my buddies clan site Just wanna share this with the rest of the clan. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killer-Cuda
Affiliate
Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Interesting. I've long suspected that the lag/no reg problems in CA are just a result of bad coding on Nexon's part. The Direct X details that you mention seem to confirm that suspicion.

Btw, I've had no problems with lag or no-reg since I got a new desktop (core i7-870, 8 gigs of ram, Radeon 5770). I supposed the sheer processing power just pushes past most of the problems I had with CA before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ripper
Affiliate
Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:42 pm

My comp is a Intel core 2 Quad with 8 gigs and video cardsa ATI radeon HD 4650. Its a Window vista home premium 64-bit. This comp set me back $2500 but it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phin
KING PONY

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:02 pm

I shall try some of these tips, thanks for the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ripper
Affiliate
Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:07 pm

If it dosent work try defraging you whole comp I use DiscKeeper 2010 it helps with the lag
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erojiji
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Excellent post! I had no idea about the Direct X problem!...I'm gonna go try it...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sexyhouse.ohmylife.net
Phin
KING PONY

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:15 pm

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3021d52b-514e-41d3-ad02-438a3ba730ba

I believe that is the correct link to the DX thing suggested in part 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Maybe you could edit your post and break up the paragraphs into smaller sections and colour code it. Some people might not want to read the post just because it's too wordy.

I'm gonna try that DirectX thing now. Hope it works Very Happy
My epic 200+ ping to Nexon's servers makes wallbanging so tough.
Back to top Go down
-Skippy__

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:58 am

farhan where u live? i get 200+ ping too >_> i only get no reg issues with my db and snipers. and sometimes hs. Soo annoying. Im gonna try all this! Very Happy (i cant find the temp files because im still an xp nerd O_o)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:12 am

Singapore. GMT+10 Very Happy
I don't know if it's just a placebo effect but reinstall DirectX made my gameplay quite smooth.
Lol.

Btw, you don't need to know where the temp files are to clear them.
Download CCleaner and Run it.
Back to top Go down
-Skippy__

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:08 am

Sweet farhan we are in the same time zone! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erojiji
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:10 am

The DirectX re-install really does help quite a bit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sexyhouse.ohmylife.net

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:11 am

-Skippy__ wrote:
Sweet farhan we are in the same time zone! Wink
Oops, I mean I'm in GMT+8.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MrFiveSeveN
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:32 am

Where can i get direct x at? (not computer savvy and google aint helpin much)

Affiliate
Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 am

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3021d52b-514e-41d3-ad02-438a3ba730ba This is the link for part 3 if that is what you are trying to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phin
KING PONY

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:10 am

This did help my no reg a bit. Many thanks.

(although my mouse not clicking sometimes balances it out back to "normal" now >_>)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrFiveSeveN
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:26 am

I think mines just shit service from my ISP.

KING PONY

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:44 pm

The defrag has been going on for about 8 hours now >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ripper
Affiliate
Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Lol wow there Shay have you defrag your comp lately or is this the first time. There another trick you can do to. Go to my computor and right click on the C drive and go to properties. From there make sure that both boxes on the bottom are unchecked and press Disc clean up, then from there everything is straight forward
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phin
KING PONY

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:13 pm

I haven't defragged in about 2 months before this one, and I used the once a month one.

Why uncheck index disk for faster searching?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ripper
Affiliate
Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:47 pm

I dont know what its for but make sure there unchecked I was getting a TeamViewed by my buddy when He was helping me with my comp and thats what he did
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Th3_V4D3R

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:35 pm

I'ma try reinstalling Direct X, how do I check what version I got, or if I even have it?

Affiliate
Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 am

I don't really have a problem with no-reg, but I have huge problems with delayed reg.
I'll try this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phin
KING PONY

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:15 pm

This has worked really well for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Th3_V4D3R

PostSubject: Re: No-Reg and possible fixes    Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:56 pm

How do I reinstall Direct X?